Orcs Must Die! Unchained takes the award-winning Orcs Must Die! action tower defense gameplay to a whole new level with 3-player team-based gameplay!
But don’t get cocky, because the stakes are higher, the traps are bloodier, and the invaders are even more ravenous. You’ll need to bring your A-game and a couple of the biggest orc-haters you can find!
Orcs Must Die! Unchained is set in the familiar world of its hilarious fantasy predecessors, years after the finale of Orcs Must Die! 2. With dozens of new rifts and worlds beyond them, heroes have come from far and wide to wage all-out war for control of these magical gateways. In the years since Orcs Must Die! 2, Maximillian and Gabriella have done their best to rebuild the once-mighty Order. Their new enemy, the Unchained, is no longer the mindless horde defeated twice before, but instead an organized army led by its own powerful heroes.
- Type: Game
- Developed: Jun 2015 - Dec 2017 (30 Months)
- Engine: UE3
- Name: Robot Entertainment
- Developers: 85
- 28 Artists
- 10 Designers
- 5 Producers
- 26 Programmers
- 16 QA Testers
- Modified UE3 input system to support bindable multi-input commands.
- Rewrote minimap, in-world markers, and flyoffs for max performance.
- Customized HUD and menus to support PS4 platform.
- Created in-editor tool for artists to create custom load screens.
- Adapted Scaleform emulator into UI testing tool for artists.
- Built new Kismet nodes to support designers in creating sequences.
- Maintained custom fonts and assets for different languages and regions.
- Configured IME for Chinese version of the game.
- Ensured in-game UIs were compatible with differing text translation sizes.
No work samples are currently available for this project.
The source for this project is currently unavailable.